Friday, September 14, 2018

Pom Pom Christmas Bookmark Card




Christmas creating is in full swing, friends!!!
 
Papertrey Ink is in the middle of a release, and I'm participating in 
 
their 
 
 
What's nice, is you can use what you already have, and be inspired by the team's use of new products.
 
 
had me reach for the Spruce & Sprigs set I own.
 
 Like her creation, I kept the colors understated and let the branches play a big role (vs flowers).
 
 
I also added a fabric element~which are a huge part of Melissa's designs.
 
I went with a fun pom topped bookmark card. 
 
That glittery goodness is a strip of washi I added and ran through the die again for a clean cut.




stamps: Papertrey Ink Spruce & Sprigs/ A Thrill of Hope  die: Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #5



Poms are my newest obsession btw. ;)
 
Melissa almost always adds lovely bows, so when you flip this bookmark, it is tied with a neat little bow (glued down so it won't slip through).
 
 When the bookmark is removed, there's still an image there so the recipient can keep their card.





I usually incorporate a bookmark slot, but this time I clipped it to a strip of patterned paper.

Before securing the strip, I placed the tiny clothespin where I wanted it and distributed my score tape accordingly.







Oh I'm sooo making more of these (it's the perfect excuse for all the yarn I want to buy :)).

Thanks for stopping by~



 



4 comments:

Ivana Camdzic said...

I really love this, Marlena! That pom-pom is seriously fun!! I really ought to use more of them myself, so this is a great reminder!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...what a great card Marlena! LOVE the colors and that pom-pom is FABULOUS!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Vicki Finger said...

This is clean and graphic and lovely. What a great job!

Cindy Beach said...

Marlena, I love this idea! You've made a lovely card and gift with this project. The pom-pom and glittery strip add the perfect touch!