Wednesday, July 31, 2019

My Lobster



My hubby's birthday is coming up, so I made him a card unlike any I've made before.


 Alexandra Renke Lobster Stencil, The Ink Road Stamps The One With All the Stamps, Pink Paislee Outfitters Paper Pad, Vicki Boutin Iridescent Glitter Texture Paste, Tim Holtz Distress inks




The lobster was sponged in with distress inks and then I added a glaze of texture paste with an old bone folder tool.


 Zoom in to see the iridescent glitter ~





The sentiment seemed to fit; I'll probably have to explain it to him, because he barely watched the sitcom.

This card was more about me creating this lobster;   

 ðŸ˜†

I'm sure he will be cool with it.


He sees my cards and will recognize I went a little above (mixed media-wise) to make it.



https://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/challenge-116-surfs-up.html




Simon Says Stamp(Wednesday): Anything Goes


 Thanks for stopping by!





4 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Marlena, this card is fabulous! Your lobster is fabulous and looks so real. I love the texture it has. I have seen this sentiment before but I don't understand it either. I must not have watched whatever sitcom it is from either. lol Even though you may have to explain it to your husband, I'm sure he will love this card too. Hugs, Brenda

Lin said...

What a fun card, Marlena! We go to Maine every few years and I thoroughly enjoy having lobster as much as possible! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Wei said...

Such a fun card. Love how you created the lobster and it looks so real. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Monika Skinner said...

Gosh, your lobster looks so real! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!