Sunday, April 15, 2018

Texture and Water Color Resist Coffee Tag Card


So many steps (and waiting) with this card, but it was fun!



stamps: Tim Holtz Coffee Time  dies: Tim Holtz Coffee Time,Simon Says Stamp Stitched Dress Up Tags, Avery Elle Double Perced Rectangles  other: Elmer's Rubber Cement,Tim Holtz Coffee Time Embossing Folder,Royal Langnickel Watercolor Paints,Copics,ribbon,stapler




The background was created with a technique I learned at Papertrey Ink
~watercolor resist with rubber cement.

I embossed the tag with a folder for~









 Hardest part?...waiting for the watercolor to dry!

Once it was ready, I peeled away the rubber cement to reveal vibant swirls.


I think diecutting AFTER embossing or watercoloring gives a crisper panel~just sayin' :).


Thanks for stopping by~



1 comment:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marlena :-) the background is fabulous! I love how you used the rubber cement, the effect is awesome and I love the embossed tag, perfect! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x