Thursday, April 12, 2018

Grandma's Vase




When Grandma passed years ago, I discovered her gorgeous blue pedestal bowl.


Dad had all her belongings displayed for us to claim.

I don't remember ever seeing this bowl;and it amazed me she had this glass art hidden away.


What wasn't hidden away, however, was her love for Jesus.



stamps: Essentials by Ellen Abstract Paint Strokes, Our Daily Bread Designs Time  dies: Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders




I didn't come to know Him personally until I was 29, but I remember her talking about Him every single moment we were together.


If you met my grandma...she would have mentioned her Jesus.


Check out Laurel Seabrook's Mindful Monday challenge...


https://laurelseabrookdesigns.blogspot.com/2018/04/mindful-monday-moments-blue.html


Blue is my favorite color...

it's the color of the ocean that surrounds my childhood island home.

I could look in any direction and catch a glimpse of it.

It was the color of my senior dress I designed (and hired someone to create).

It's the color of my favorite stone...Topaz.

There's nothing truer than blue, in my opinion~

 

The following photo inspired my rain card:





http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.ca/2018/04/challenge-158-rain-photo.html


I used Essentials by Ellen Abstract Paint strokes to create the rain.

I went through my umbrella images then realized this Bible verse from Our Daily Bread Designs would be an "umbrella" so to speak. :)

Thanks for listening to my personals~have a good one friends. 


 




1 comment:

Laurel said...

LOVE your blue story! Thank you for joining in on Mindful Monday!