Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Box-Pleated Candle Luminaries

I want to share a home decor project today.



I was inspired to get it done for Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #137-
"create something to adorn your table".




Candle Luminaries (for battery-operated candles ONLY...)
NO FIRES, OK??? ;)





Each luminary is fashioned from an 8 1/2" X 11" white 110 lb cardstock,

 LIGHTLY pressed randomly with
a Tim Holtz Distress spiced marmalade ink pad.
 There is a strip of fall DP with a row of green DP cut from Papertrey Ink's eyelet lace border die.
I then scored the cardstock and DP using my box pleated scoring.







 I inked up a flourish with Adirondac butterscotch acrylic paint...it gave a nice yellow shimmer.

I learned that from
Stamping with Acrylic Paint.






See the thick chipboard accents? 



I'm used Erin's technique. Her video tutorial is on

Here are the luminaries IN ACTION. ;)



The verse is a focus, so I am entering it in 


The colors are inspired by 




I used distress inks, so I am also entering it in  


Thank you for stopping in today.


If you are interested, I made a BOX-PLEATS TUTORIAL HERE.


Info:
ODBD You Will Find Refuge, ODBD Scripture Collection 6,ODBD Chickadee die,Inkadinkado Nature,Papertrey Ink eyelet lace border die,Spellbinders' Label Eleven and Fleur De Lis,Tim Holtz Distress inks spiced marmalade and peeled paint,Scor-Pal,Adirondac butterscotch acrylic paint,Georgia Pacific white 110lb cardstock,Want2Scrap rhinestones



7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How creative and beautiful Marlena!! Love the added bird and your use of the verse. Perfect take on the inspiration. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Jennipher said...

Nicely done! I was on one of the challenge blogs today and saw that your card was featured but, I can't remember which one! However, I wanted to say "Congrats".

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are such a happy crafter, Marlena. :) I 'hear' it in your words. These are beautiful luminaries, and safe ones, too. ;0) I'm glad you had a chance to play twice with us this week at The Cafe!

Robin said...

Very cool idea! Pretty!
Robin

Theresa said...

Marlena, these are just lovely. What a fabulous project. Love that bird!! Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWZER...this is brilliant and so gorgeous! I think I have to try this idea soon too :) !!!! Thank you so much for thinking outside the box and for joining us at the FTTC this week....hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Marlena, this is amazing! Awesome design and I love the luminary finished look! You captured the glow beautifully! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time distressing challenge!