Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Time is Fleeting ... Celebrate

"Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. " Isa 55:6


My husband has gone back to school.  It's so interesting and funny to hear what the college kids are like, 18 years since I was in that environment.  


Well, it is mostly funny, because he's a dad and looks at them from Dad's perspective. 
He gets furious when they wear shorts in 40 degree weather.


It irritates him to see them texting in class...


you get the idea. ;)


Anyway, back to time....


Did you know that many young people don't wear watches?



Why bother?


They use their phones to tell the time.



Such a little detail that I would've missed, but my husband catches.

 



Here is another Christmas card for






I used ODBD Time.



I know the clock isn't complete.  



I did that on purpose. ;)

I wanted it to look like it was deteriorating,



JUST LIKE TIME.




Here are some details ....


My layout is inspired by Mojo Monday 199.
 
~I used office spiral clips to represent the scalloped border.
~The smaller circle is represented by a key tag.
~Large acrylic block used to stamp background.
~Scallop Circle used as a template for markings with Fantastix tool and Memento Ink





~Partially cut out the clock with Spellbinders' Scallop Circle using cutting plates from my smaller Ellison Tag-A-Long which I lined up only on the bottom of the clock. This was stacked on a Multipurpose platform and I ran it through my Big Shot.



 ~Under the "flap" of the clock, I inserted an embossed triangle that was inked with Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distress Ink.



I believe I got all the details in....


Thank you for stopping in...... see how many watches YOU notice around you. ;)


Stamps: ODBD TIME, Studio G snowflakes
Ink: Tim Holtz, Versamark, red glitter embossing powder, Memento Ink
Other: Fantastix tool, Spellbinders Scallop Circles, Ellison Tim Holtz Retro Circles embossing folder, large acrylic block for background







2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Marlena, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina