Saturday, December 8, 2018

Merry Dressed Up in Bling



There I was, minding my own business.

I was trying to focus.

I was shopping for grocery essentials and staying away from the pesky, fun, crafty aisles that send my mind into neverland.


I was focusing on snacks, produce, canned goods...

and what does Walmart do?

She puts paint...delicious, glittery paint...

 on an end-cap by the cereal aisle.


sigh.

Bottles of glitter fell into my cart because, well, 

my defenses were down and I couldn't resist!  

Marlenaisfaithfullycrafting took over.


My mental list of meals went wooosh and

 I. was. done.

How's about the cashier cheered me on with


 "ooooh, I can't wait to try those."


really?

It was too much.


What's a crafty girl to do with all that temptation.

I went home,
 
threw the groceries in the fridge and ran downstairs to craft. ;)


I painted backdrops and tips of word diecuts...starting with the following:



hosted by Melissa


dies: Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words Holiday/Spruce & Sprigs



 
(bling) 

The more shine = more bling....am I right? ;)

I added sequins to the sprig and sealed them with Faber-Castell Texture Gem medium.

The hardest part was waiting for it to dry.

That's when I took a break to cook.


Might as well finish what I started. ;)

Thanks for stopping by and listening to my ramblings!







2 comments:

TLady said...

Your story is SO CUTE, Marlena! LOL My hubby now does the grocery shopping.... not because of getting side tracked though! ;) But, your card looks GREAT!!! AND shine does equal "bling!" ;) A SUPER JOB on your card!

Vikki H said...

Oh, how I love your card - the bling, layering of textures and those amazing colors!