Friday, March 30, 2012

~Feathers to Celebrate~





My order from Two Peas came just in time!



I was blessed to win a gift card from Jenny Chesnick to spend there.



Thank you Jenny! ;)


 Amy Tangerine's Lovestruck set from American Crafts has a FEATHER, people.



You know what that means???


I can participate in  





That feather was perfect for the card I wanted to make for my dear husband.


I paired it with a sentiment from Clear and Simple's Circus Fun.


*American Crafts Amy Tangerine Lovestruck feather,Clear and Simple Circus Fun,Bazzill kraft cardstock,DCWV natural stack,American crafts cardstock,Papertrey ink Hawaiian Shores perfect match ink,Memento ink rich cocoa*



This wasn't a card for a birthday or anything like that...but a well-deserved recognition.



So, balloons would have been nice, but I think these feathers being tossed  says sophistication.


Yes, I CAN be sophisticated at times. ;)


He's been working his tail feathers off (HA! this IS an appropriate card!!!).


Love ya hon.


I pray God continues to bless you and your hard work.



14 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are just on that winning streak, aren't you?? Good for you! Glad you had a chance to play along with the feathers. They look really neat, and can go masculine or feminine.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO Fabulous! I LOVE the stitching--great feather images too!! FABx10:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

I love the feather images Marlena and the fabulous stitching! Great colors too!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Just dropping by to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment too! By the way I love the feathers on your card to your hubby. A very nice masculine card!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Just dropping by to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment too! By the way I love the feathers on your card to your hubby. A very nice masculine card!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Marlena! Love the blue feathers and pretty colorful stitching!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love this fun & scrappy card! Congrats to your hubby :)

Karen B. said...

Beautiful and graphic, and I love the color combination too!

~amy~ said...

Love your fun stitching!

Jenny said...

Great colours and stitching Marlena, it's so nice to use new stash isn't it :0)
Jenny x

Kary said...

Hi Marlena! Your card is lovely, and I really like the feather stamp and the brown chevron paper. The stitching added some definition to the design. What a sweet thought for your husband!
Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog. I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful week! {hugs}

whoistracy said...

Totally cute! Love that feather. Have fun with your new goodies- it's always like a bit of Xmas getting new craft supplies in, isn't it?

Annette Allen said...

wow I love this card...those feathers are so amazing...great design..