Sunday, April 3, 2022

His & Her Phone Stands



AAAAAhhhhh, this is so much fun!


I'm messing with these phone stand dies and I can't stop. ;)


Here's a pair for my daughter and her boyfriend:


Both:Sizzix Scoreboards XL Eileen Hull Phone Stand die (His): Sizzix Take Out Box, trimmed toothpick, banner die, Stampettes Wooden stamp Image (bought in Hawaii), Bobunny Serenity Image on Chopstick package, Folk Art Plum Metallic Acrylic, Glitterific Polka Dot   (Hers): Sizzix Purse, Spellbinders Shopping Bags turned upside down as books, Papertrey Ink Glorious Globes/February Mini, Brutus Monroe Heart Petals XO die, ArtMinds Lilac Bloom Acrylic




Starting with His:



I left the front painted with metallic acrylic and Glitterific Polka Dot because I couldn't bear to cover it up.

Instead I focused on the inside with a Sizzix Take Out Box die I've had forever, and makeshift chopsticks that are actually toothpicks with the ends cut off.





I enjoyed creating these tinies~




The "chopstick" wrapper is actually a tiny banner and I stamped an image in gold and placed another banner under it.
  

I wanted it to be as 3D as possible, even if no one saw the bottom but me.

I know I'd know it wasn't finished!



Hers:



Here's a look into my daughter's world...shopping bag dies without handles to look like books...

with chipboard backed images to add. ;)




I feel like I should mention that in order to hold this together, I found that 1/2" Scor Tape and E6000 glue applied to the two smaller front pieces are the best combo.


I watched Eileen Hull on Facebook show how she assembled this die.


She mentions that the bottom secondary piece should meet up with the bottom so it sits flush.


In order to have that happen, you need a little wiggle room to fidget about. There's an angle that works best for both pieces.


I love that this is functional and practical.


Be prepared for more phonestands!


Everyone in my family says they could use one. ;)



Simon Says (Wednesday): Anything Goes



I appreciate your sweet visit today~







1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How wonderfully fun Marlena, Super projects and beautiful results.
Faith x
PS Thanks for the advice on taking piccies!