Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Watercolor Sled






I did a little watercoloring and die-cutting today.


I picked three "ombre worthy" colors and painted them onto a small piece of watercolor paper with a waterbrush.

In the Meadow is my go to Christmas stamp & die set, which I paired with the snowflakes from Winter Penguin.



(stamps:Papertrey Ink In the Meadow  dies:Papertrey Ink In the Meadow Silhouettes/Winter Penguin snowflakes/Movers & Shakers Spinners (for tracing the hills)  other:Royal & Langnickel Watercolor paints,Ranger waterbrush)


This is for my nephew~he has a birthday in December, and I am always scrambling to make him a card at the last minute!


He lives in Hawaii, but got to visit one snowy winter and had a blast.


The snow drifts were traced with a white pen along the squiggly Movers & Shakers die.

 
I know I've made his cards in the past with this sled boy~so I'm glad I could make it a little different using this fun technique from



hosted by Dawn.


 Now to find a place to keep this card, so I remember I made it!


Thanks for stopping by friends~






 

2 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow! This is different. I like the warm colors against the black cardstock. Very nice.

Kathy Mc said...

Very clever design, Marlena, and great color choices! Your layers really enhance your gradient colors. Love this scene!