Thursday, April 17, 2014

Where There Is Love




When it's all said and done...love is what endures.



Nothing else comes close to filling that void.




Beautiful sentiment~so true, so true! I used the following sketch as a starting point...

http://vlvsketches.blogspot.com/2014/04/viva-la-verve-april-2014-week-2.html



entry linked here


I am also participating in week Verve's Week 1's challenge.


April Week 1 Sketch/Color Challenge


~I chose the colors~

http://vlvsketches.blogspot.com/2014/04/vlv-april-week-1-recap-viewfinder.html


Since I've got three girlies, I made two similars.


I've attached a mini-post it note for a pop of color here to complement the vibrant Sketchbook pattern.



This post-it note is a touch of note for CAS-ology's newest challenge

http://casology.blogspot.com/2014/04/week-91-note.html



A couple of stamped runners from Better Together~just beyond the borders of the Authentique paper, almost looks like washi for my last card.






Well, that's it for me today.


I pray you get some much needed craft time in... ;)



Card One

stamp: Verve (More Than Love,Happy Days)
ink: Papertrey Ink True Black,Versamark,Memento (Pear Tart,Dandelion)
die: Spellbinders Classic Circles
other: Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder (black)
paper: Georgia Pacific white, Carta Bella Hello Again


Cards Two Through Four

stamp: Verve Better Together
die: Verve Wavy Hearts Die,Spellbinders (Scalloped Circles,Scalloped Ovals)
paper: Prima Introspection,American Crafts Sketchbook,Authentique Spring,My Mind's Eye Breeze,Simple Stories Color Vibe 1
other: Want2Scrap rhinestones,Studio Calico wood veneer,paper shreds,post-it note






5 comments:

Darnell said...

You spoil us, Marlena! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration with these four cards, both artistically and via the beautiful sediments! Happy Easter/Happy Spring! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Marlena all creative cards. The sentiments say it all, love your postie. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology and have a wonderful Easter!

Jen W. said...

Wow you've been a busy lady! Love the sentiment on the first card and the angle of the paper strip. When I looked quickly at the second card I thought the pink paper was ribbon - the design has great texture! The post it note on the third card is a brilliant addition! And the last card? Love that gorgeous paper and the stamps totally look like washi! Thanks for playing along again with CASology this week!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my! These are all so beautiful!

cm said...

Marlena, a quartet of lovely here, each one so different, yet all soooo pretty and creative! I'm mega- watt smiling...Hugs~c