Wednesday, October 31, 2012

~A Pink Journaling Tree~




I pray you are having a hopeful morning


~despite your situation today.


There are no words for what some have experienced and are dealing with right now.


Believe me, if I had the right words, I would write them.


 I pray the Lord heal what was broken and bruised...


those precious hearts and minds that have been rattled.


~We are truly blessed, friends, to be alive while today is still today~








 
 
This leftover tree is from

 
 the journaling card I created here,
 
 
and it stared at me LONG ENOUGH from my cluttered desk.



It was too pretty and joyful to leave buried under scraps.



I funned the tree  up by


adding black and grey Copic coloring to the edges to give it a jazzy look.

 
 The dots are from my Sakura Souffle pen.


It takes a delicate touch to get the pouf (if you smear down too much, it will lay flat).


If you haven't used those pens, know that the shades are a bit lighter when they are completely dry.



I am entering this  card in


The Journaling Cards Challenge in the Moxie Fab World



It seemed natural to wrap the sentiment die cut around the card base,


because if I left it whole, it would have competed with the tree.



This falls in line with the theme of

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #193

(create a card or project where your focal image falls off the page)


I am also inspired by the pink pink fun here at





Take care~




supplies: Papertrey Ink (In the Meadow,Count My Blessings) dies, Pink Paislee (Daily Junque Ephemera Pack) journaling card, My Mind's Eye Six By Six Everyday Flair, Fiskars crimper



5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome card..I love that tree and how you did the sentiment..

Laurel said...

This is such a pretty card!

Nancy Guse said...

Marlene this is so creative, I just love how it looks!!

Virginia L. said...

How COOL is your journaling tree, Marlena! Love your creativity!! You are amazing and original!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a funky card, Marlena, I love it! The rolled up edges of the tree outline are so fun, and wrapping the "blessed" around your card is such a great idea!