Sunday, January 26, 2020

Navy Valentine




I have a complex relationship with Navy.
I've always bought navy colored items and wanted to incorporate them, but couldn't seem to get the hang of it.  
I took the plunge this past winter and bought a navy coat, so I HAVE to wear it! ;)
Plus, its a great coat.





Brutus Monroe Steampunk Rose/Autumn Essential sentiment/ Alabaster Pigment Ink/Copper Shred Washi/Midnight Cardstock, Circle dies




I used circle dies and washi-dipped them.

 Check out this great challenge~

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/01/challenge-153-wardrobe.html
  I love this idea! I hope to make more.
Here's my navy coat I used for inspiration:






Thanks for stopping by today!







3 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a clever way to incorporate the sheen with the navy, Marlena ... your design is deliciously bold and striking ... and fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

sandie said...

fab card Marlena-just love how the washi tape seems to mimic the crinkles in the coat! And so pleased you finally got some navy in your cupboard and we are honoured it inspired you! I do like how you added in that lovely flower keeping it plain rather than overpowering the rest of the design by colouring. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Shauna said...

Hey! Great to see you at Time Out! Your "complex relationship" with navy worked out great! How clever to "washi-dip"... it created a great effect and I love to see the coat that inspired the card. Very nice!
- Shauna