Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Retro Vibes




My card is balancing on a retro plate I inherited from my Grandma...


it explains my love of black and white!


 I used to call this shade of green, puke green, as a child, but now I lovingly say olive. ;)

 



stamp: Lil' Inkers Galentine's Day  dies: Lil' Inkers Galentine's Day, Simon Says Stamp Good Vibes, My Favorite Things Lip Balm Window, Technique Tuesday Bubbles on the Border


When I saw Time Out's newest challenge, I immediately thought of these Galentine ladies!

 

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/02/challenge-129.html



They are colored with copics for the 30 Day Challenge~




https://www.thedailymarker.com/2019/02/day-1-the-30-day-coloring-challenge-coloring-link-up-2/






I stacked these shapes to mimic gas station signs from back in the day~the bubbles are just for fun ;).

Thanks for stopping by!






6 comments:

sandie said...

oh this screams Retro in all ways! Love your idea of stacking this way. And the ladies in that funky card look so cool and how retro is the 'good vibes' sentiment-you rocked our challenge here Marlena and so good to see you at Time Our

Esther Asbury said...

Awesome retro vibes on this fun card....from the images to the colors, it's perfect!! So happy you linked up to the Time Out Retro challenge where I'm guest designing this week!

Lisa Kind said...

Well this certainly is Retro! I love this card and your design is spot on for the challenge! Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!

Anita in France said...

Cool, funky and so groovy, Marlena ... the font on that sentiment is just so 70's! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

This is so COOL!! Love the graphic feel to it!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)