Friday, July 27, 2018

~Beachy Colors & Angled Layers~





stamps: Papertrey Ink What the Doodle Snowflakes, Our Daily Bread Designs Snowy Blessings  dies: Papertrey Ink What the Doodle Snowflakes,Memory Box Pinpoint Main Street Tag, My Favorite Things Peek a Boo Wonky Windows  Other:Copics for coloring and Nuvo drops




I took Time Out #114 colors out for another spin since there are scraps all over my desk in these shades! 

:)


http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2018/07/challenge-114.html


 I decided to go Christmas since it will be here before we know it and I'll be knee deep in parent school stuff.
 





This card has layers and angles galore!


I went crazy on this one~I always have one Christmas card that I can "go for broke" as we say in Hawaii. :)

 I have a friend who's a graphic arts major, and she appreciates when I experiment and break traditional framing.

I've always admired brave clothing designers, especially Vera Wang because of her breakthrough asymmetrical designs.

She was angling and experimenting way before other designers picked it up.

Now hemlines like shark bite and hi-lo are acceptable even in kid's clothing!

I love it and hope that trend continues.

Thanks for the visit today!

 

4 comments:

sandie said...

well you sure did a fab job with pushing the angling on this....are you Vera Wang? I just love all the detail in this and what a great idea to make it a Xmas card. And I like the soft blue and kraft together, it works so well. Thanks for leaving us such a lovely comment on our blog x

sandie said...

oops forgot to say-thanks for joining Time Out x

Lisa Kind said...

I think your friend will appreciate this design! Many elements and angles to set your eyes on! Thanks for playing with Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

This is fantastic, love how you used the colours from the photo and created a 'Winter-themed' card!! Love the mix of colours you used and those snowflakes are gorgeous with all their detail. I'm so glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!