Monday, January 11, 2016

Shapes & Florals



I don't do girly girl in the traditional sense.


I'm a 70's/80's gal and bold shapes are what get me excited.
  
However, it's nice to make something "pretty" now and again. 



(stamp:Jillian Vance Coffee & Jesus, Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie   dies:My Favorite Things Die-namics Horizontal Stitched Strips, Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie, Simon Says Stamp Greeting Blocks)







I found my happy with a rectangled/highlighted sentiment in the midst of lovelies.

Centered/framed sentiments and floral accents are a classic in Nichole's creation here~I LOVE the new Outlined set coming out!


http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2016/01/introducing-bold-blossoms-outlined-and-a-few-baby-basics.html


With this happy combo~I MAY just bring out the flowers more often. ;)

Thanks for stopping in~

9 comments:

Linda said...

Very pretty.

Joyce said...

This so soft, pretty, and girly!

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely, Marlena, and love the scripture that takes center stage!

JudyK said...

Love this beautiful, inspirational card! So very soft.

Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful card, love the layout and the soft inviting colors!

Amy Sheffer said...

So pretty! Love the soft colors!

Helen F. said...

Oh so pretty, Marlena. Love the beautiful scripture as your center focus too

Suzanne B. Webb said...

So pretty, love the color combo!

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Marlena, you definitely nailed the "girly" card with this beauty! Great idea using a scripture for your sentiment.