Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Musical Centerpiece and My Crimper



Although I've been MIA for many gatherings, (details here in case you wanna catch up)


I have been so blessed to participate in the ways that I can.


I didn't attend the musical event that our homeschool classes hosted but I supplied six centerpieces.


They looked like this.




I used my Cameo for the musical flourish, a straw to hold up the design (tacked down by a glue dot)...and gorgeous jars and rocks.



I adapted this idea I found 


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/229472543484225001/



by making the musical strips fillers, instead of the focal point.

Since I didn't have musical paper, I stamped the music with Our Daily Bread's It is Well With My Soul Hymn.


I also crimped each strip.





Adding texture to my designs with a crimper is one of my oldest and favoritist techniques.




cuz I doooo looooovvvvee  my crimper. ;) 


I'm also submitting this to



stamp: Our Daily Bread It is Well With My Soul Hymn
ink: Versafine Onyx
die: Silhouette Cameo Snapdragon Snippets Flourish Musical Notes
other: Fiskar's Crimper, straw



1 comment:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

WOW! If I would've attended this musical event, I would've been totally distracted by the beauty of these centerpieces! These are really lovely. I adore the simple and striking color palette and how you made your own music paper. I also think this is a brilliant use of a crimper! It made me want to run to my crafting room and start crimping everything in sight! These centerpieces are filled with so much texture and energy and personality. Thank you so much for the inspiration and for sharing your creativity with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!