Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Friends Always





I have a friend that recently contemplated moving away from here (far away).


She and her family prayed about it and I'm sure lost sleep about it...


they decided to STAY.


I'm SO RELIEVED, you don't even know.


Her girls are like my adopted daughters...


and she and her husband were there to pray over me when I went into diagnostic surgery this summer.


These people are very very special to me.


So even if she HAD moved...we would always be friends in my heart.


We were once a military family...so we love even through distance...


time stops in our hearts and there is always a connection with those friends...no matter where they reside or how much time has passed since we last spoke.

 Once you're in my heart...SORRY...


there's no getting out. ;)


I wanted to create a card she would like (vs what I usually make)

 HA! ;)


She is a lady through and through, so I went floral (adding stripes for ME)...





(stamp: Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees   die:Papertrey Ink Edgers #1)





There are a couple of anything goes challenges...YAYY!


So let loose and play guys...





 Is it really the middle of ANOTHER week...saying goodbye to September???


Goodness, time FLIES..


I GAVE IN to fall and had my first pumpkin spice drink from Starbucks..


HA! 


That's my version of saying "oh all right...goodbye, summer" ;)



3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This is such a DELIGHTFUL card! Love the floral background with the tag design, Maelena! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Unknown said...

The floral DSO with those bold stripe, what a beautiful combo. A little bit of bling and you have a WOW friendship card. It's nice to know your friend is staying put. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 203rd AG challenge!
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Beautiful card! That's awesome that your friend decided to stay! What a blessing that is! I know how sad it can be when a friend moves far away, in fact my bestie moved to England quite a few years ago and things just haven't been the same since :( Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)