Monday, May 2, 2011

Soft Hues, a Tissue Box, and a Square CD Card

      I wanted to try another CD card since my Grunge CD Card was so much fun. The Square Cards Color Trends Challenge seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I WAS intimidated, however, by the colors...

   
     I don't present "Shabby Chic" well.   This discouraged me,
     until my husband brought home this box of tissue from the grocery.


    I thought, "Hey, those are soft hues!".  Here is what I came up with...



     To make the CD part, I cut out a blue "CD" with my Fiskar's Circle Cutter, and then a smaller one in cream.  I embossed the cream disc with a musical cuttlebug folder which I had inked up in a light blue. I used Just Rite's You're So Sweet and colored part of it with a pink copic.


     I didn't anticipate the challenge of focusing on the "squareness" of the case.  I decided to attach the floral, leafy elements to one side so that it layered the finished CD card when closed.  I flipped open the case and Modge Podged die cuts to the inner front.  It dried clear with a dreamy look.



     It almost looks like stained glass.  
    
     I planned all along to give it to our Handbell Choir Director.  If she wanted to display her CD Card, it seemed like it would be more durable than a regular card.  That is one nice thing about this style, it doesn't need a stand! 
   Our director works so hard by leading the Handbells, and circling our notes.  My daughter Shelby and I can't read music, yet, so we really appreciate this!  Left hand is squared, right hand is circled! :) Only God knows that I secretly had a childhood dream of playing an instrument.  I never had music lessons, and now, here I am, blessed to practice handbells every week with my daughter.  We even play at our church service once a month.  It just blows my mind that God would orchestrate a way to fulfill my dream.  1 Cor 2:9

It's little things like this that lead me to trust Him in big things.


Thank you so much for viewing my project today! 

Stamp Recipe:
Stamp: Just Rite You're So Sweet
Ink: Memento Summer Sky, clear embossing, copic pen
Other: Fiskar's Circle Cutter, Modge Podge, Sizzix Sizzlets Flowers, Branches and Leaves, Spellbinder Fleur De Lis Pendant Die, Spellbinders circle die, Cuttlebug embossing folder Allegro








2 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

What a cute idea! Love the decorative CD case! Great take on a square concept! Thanks for taking on Embellishes Color Trends Challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

Wow, that is fantastic!! Isn't it great that inspiration can come from anywhere?! Thanks for playing along with Embellish!!