Saturday, August 26, 2023

DT INkspirational Clothing/Closet


It's time for a new challenge at INkspirational!




I-Crafter Kokeshi Doll, Honey Bee Stamps Inside Thankful/Monstera Leaf, Pink & Main Plaid 1 Background Stamp



This time the prompt is clothing or what's in your closet.


I went with a patterned outfit (cut from a die), which opens up another way to interpret this prompt (dressed character).




 

I've always told my girls that the arts (such as fashion) offer important information, such as geographic locations and time stamps.


When I assembled this Kokeshi doll from I-Crafter (isn't she THE CUTEST?!), I made multiples.


I'm still pulling from the stash I assembled a few years ago.


 I highly recommend assembling layered dies or stamps in bulk (when you can), so you spend less time in the future, building a card from scratch.


We hope you have a chance to join us with your unique creation!


3 comments:

cm said...

Marlena, your Kokeshi doll card is ever so pretty; a wonderful image+theme connection. I love what you've taught your daughters about the value of and lessons to be found in the Arts. You're an awesome mom!
hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little Kokeshi doll Marlena! Perfect for our challenge - I totally agree with your recommendation - I now make several of the multipiece dies I purchase so I just have to grab them when I want to create - so much easier to cut a lot at once and assemble - great advice and sweet card! Julia xx

Marina said...

The patterned paper you chose looks great as her kimono and I like the way you layered her onto the leaf. A lovely card.