Saturday, September 18, 2021

INkspirational DT Retro


It's time for another challenge at INkspirational!




Kindred Stamps Sew Special Kit Stencil (button markings), Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Essentials 1 die, Brutus Monroe Circle Dies, Simon Says Stamp CZ Design Wafer dies Thankful 2, Pink & Main Sweater Weather Paper Pad



This time the prompt is Retro~




 

This sweater weather paper pattern feels retro to me (the reddish orange married with bold colors reminds me of the 70's and the bold carpet I grew up with).

I added chunky buttons which were created with a special limited edition stencil that makes any circle a button, and layered over a bigger pop of color. 




Please visit our challenge blog and join us with your unique creation~






5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card Marlena, the knitting pattern and buttons are fabulous. The colours are very similar to our lounge carpet in our first house in 1971, ah! memories.
Faith x

Pia S said...

That's a cool print, and with the buttons added I definetely get a 70s cardigan vibe:)

Marina said...

Looks so cosy and the buttons are a great design detail.

Lindsey said...

I immediately thought 70s, too! This is great with the bold colours and button accents.

cm said...

Love your 70s sweater, Marlena! I'm pretty sure I wore one similar to this!
hugs~c