Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Happy Birthday Spring Birds




Yayyyy to Spring and warm weather around the corner...
 


stamps: Papertrey Ink Brushed Birds, My Favorite Things Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes  dies: Winnie & Walter In a Word: Happy Cutaway, My Favorite Things Stitched Dome Frames/Die-namics Stitched Oval Word Windows


When I saw the following photo, I grabbed some purple and yellow patterned paper scraps to start with.
 

 


http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/02/just-us-girls-429-photo-week.html


The birds were sitting on my desk, ready to be inked up for the first time.
 
I wanted to give them a go, diving in with the layers and allowing myself mistakes if need be.

If I don't try it, I won't know how to fix my mistakes, right?


I'm happy to report everything turned out decent~first shot. ;)

That doesn't happen often for me.

 


Thanks for stopping in today~
 








3 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love your mix of patterns and those darling little birds! Great design, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh those birds are so adorable! Such a cute card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely love the yellow and bright colors in this, Marlena! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!