Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Cacti Christmas



My girlies have a "special language" with their childhood buds...

some of which involve cacti.

Hence the following card for their family:
 


stamps: Newton's Nook Designs Cultivated Cacti, Papertrey Ink Sparkle & Shine Holiday Additions, Cardmaking & Papercraft Cosy Christmas sentiment   dies:Simon Says Stamp Greeting Blocks, My Favorite Things Stitched Square




 I combined Christmas lights with cacti...and just like real life...had a heck of a time with one or two light bulbs, but I kept on trucking!!!

:)



The following sketch got this card rolling....

 

https://sundaystamps.blogspot.com/2017/11/ssc166-all-lined-up.html


I added a little sparkle with a Sakura Stardust Glitter Pen~
 



 for the following challenge...


http://www.inkypawschallenge.com/2017/11/inky-paws-challenge-60.html





 It's Wednesday guys, and that means...
you're halfway through the week and still surviving!

Yay you!  :)

Thanks for stopping in to see me~




 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Christmas cacti! The result is a fun and beautifull card.

Claire Broadwater said...

Marlena, such a FUN card. I love cactus and all those lights make them shine! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Brenda said...

What a great and fun card Marlena! I love the cactus and I love the lights on them. I don't know what problems you had with the lights, but they turned out fabulous! Hugs, Brenda

Monika Reeck said...

oh I love the bright color on your Image
so adorable Marlena
great using my sketch
I am so so happy if you like visiting my DT card
Many thanks to joining with us at Sunday Stamps this time
hugs
Monika

Andrea Shell said...

What a fun, colorful card! Love the non-traditional feel of it!
Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

Heidi Baks said...

Awww how cute! Love the Christmas bulbs in the cacti! Love the rotated squares to fit all your images. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Indy's Designs said...

What a super fun card! I love the cacti with the holiday decorations! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
Debbie

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a fun card, love the design and those fairy lights.

Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x