Tuesday, August 29, 2017

SAF 2017:Take-Ten Warm Up Challenge



My girlie made my day just now...she walked past my card and said, "That's a cool card".

I thought so, but since she said it (and she's a teen), it's legit. ;)



 stamps: Papertrey Ink (retired) Make It Market Kit Tinsel & Tags dies: Papertrey Ink (retired) Make It Market Kit Tinsel & Tags,Spellbinders Scalloped Circles/Classic Circles


I was inspired by Make It Monday #295 Challenge 
(hosted by Ashley), but didn't get around to making one in time.

So, I thought I'd use it in my 10 min planning for


I used this color scheme...

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2017/08/saf-2017-ten-minute-warm-up-challenge.html



I followed the 10 min increments mentioned (except I had to pause about 5 min to kill a wasp in my den!!!).

It took me a few min after that to recover...

I gave myself more time to create another one~


 stamps: Papertrey Ink (retired) Make It Market Kit Tinsel & Tags/Spruce & Sprigs/A Thrill of Hope
 dies: Papertrey Ink (retired) Make It Market Kit Tinsel & Tags,Spellbinders Scalloped Circles/Classic Circles




I added more details and colors, since I didn't have a time limit to aim for.

This card fold is my new fave!!!

Thanks for stopping by~

 

2 comments:

paperkicks said...

Your daughter is right, Marlena...your cards are totally legit!! I love the non-traditional colors on your Christmas card! Stunning! And like you, I was not able to participate in MIM 295, but I hope to give it a try soon!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautifully done, Marlena! Your teenage daughter has great taste. Have to agree this Z-fold shape wasn't as difficult as it looked. Yay for having some Christmas cards made already!