Thursday, March 2, 2017

May I Suggest This Book





I am soooo excited to recommend a book to you.





 Yes, I can read chapter books, but who has the time????


 I love a great children's book that has life meat to it.


Offer wisdom in a nutshell and and you have me won over!


Even if you don't buy it, flip through this treasure in 15 min if you see it.


  I stumbled upon this while hanging out at a bookstore and it shot through my heart.




 Most of the illustrations are sepia until things look up~so I drew from my masculine packs to create this card.



(stamp: Verve New Mercies  dies:Memory Box Pinpoint Main Street Tags,Spellbinders Classic Circles)


This might be stating the obvious, but I forget at times I don't need a long reach stapler.

I love using staples...so I stapled and then adhered the tag.

It's such a non-brainer I'm almost embarrassed to mention it, but hey, maybe you forgot too.



 This week is drawing to a close~was it good?


Was it bad?


It was eventful, I'll give it that!


I walked into our bedroom door (not knowing my hubby closed it in the middle of the night)...


so that was thrilling at 4 am.


I hit it so hard I knocked a picture off the wall.


Thank God it's a sliding door that hangs on a rail~so I shook the house rather than taking the brunt of it.


No, no.  There isn't a black eye.

The next day a small tree fell in our road and blocked my path to the house in the late hours when all I wanted to do was go home, eat dinner, and put my feet up.


It's been that kind of week, it has.


sigh.

That's the long and short of it. :)





3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I so need to read this one. I read the first one (What Do You Do With an Idea) about a year ago and literally started crying in the bookstore. It was so inspiring. Love your card, too. Those golden accents are fabulous. Hope your weekend is less eventful and more delightful.

Virginia L. said...

Lovely use of tag, Marlena! I also love using staples, too! So sorry about your mishap in the middle of the night. Things will get better :) Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Tag You’re It” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! What an adventurous week you've had! I'm glad that you still found the time to make something so inspiring (and avoid a black eye)! I love book recommendations, so thank you for suggesting this. Can't wait to give it a read! And I really like your card, too. It has a peaceful feel to it, yet it's full of energy and oomph. Love the metallics you included! Thanks for taking the time to share your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!