Friday, December 7, 2012

~Paper Knots Tag~







I can't imagine a greater gift...than opening your home to a child.



I have not had the honor or calling yet...but I know a handful that have dedicated their lives in this special way.


I want to be ready when another couple takes that big step.






For this tag,


I experimented with paper shreds...after being inspired by 


Tracey Sabella's lovely use of denim shreds here.


I thought, why not try knotting up paper remnants???


It worked like a charm with glossy accents.



CAS-ual Fridays: CFC81





Well, another Friday in December...the next two will fly by quick...mark my words!!!



stamps: Papertrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings
dies: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 and Bitty Baby Blessings
other: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper,American Crafts satin ribbon
paper: Authentique Fresh,BoBunny Country Garden,Bazzill orange
ink:Memento Potters Clay





7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

You are so clever, Marlena. Yes, Tracey is very inspiring, and she obviously got you think outside the box. Your card is just darling, and I'm always SO grateful when you share your sweet creations with us at WAW. Have a blessed and awesome week, and please come back soon!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Gemiel said...

Marlena, your card is so cute!! Love the paper knots. I'm a fan of Tracey's too :). Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Blessings to you!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a sweet and lovely tag that will be so appreciated when the time comes. Thank so much for the shout and link. I'm so inspired by your work, too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kelly Griglione said...

Very creative, Marlena! Love that you gave this a try. Such great interest on your card.

Lynn said...

What a wonderful sentiment...and it will be so appreciated! I love how you incorporated the knots. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jo Ann said...

What a CAS yet cutesy tag. Love the colors you used. Thanks for blessing us this week with your lovely project at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Michele Gross said...

Your tag is just darling!! I hope you get to use it very soon to celebrate a little one getting a forever family :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!