Sunday, July 8, 2012

~Handmade Kindness~




We have such sweet families in our church...there is one couple in particular that I want to thank.



I want to thank a lady at church who has



lately been giving me crafty goodies that she says she doesn't use...so someone should use them!



Blessings for me, that's for sure!



She may not be a crafter, but her kindness is handmade. ;)






I used two chairs to represent what I see in the pic at Inspired By #31.




The blue chair represents the husband (who has been a good friend to my husband) and the yellow is for the woman.


They are comfy like this pic....making us feel like family and welcoming us into their hearts.


I've incorporated stamping on patterned paper with Papertrey Ink's Communique Curves sentiment for


That one strip of DP stands out, I think, against the white stamped layers.


Stamping is the main technique here...stamps from Hero Arts, Papertrey Ink and October Afternoon (yes, they offer stamps too!).





I recently got some Memento Ink Teal Zeal and it's perfect~not blue, not green.


I enjoyed playing with it today....expect to see a lot of it~I'm obsessive that way! LOL.


Have a great day~thanks for stopping by. ;)


Stamps:Papertrey Ink Communique Curves Think Big Favorites #2,October Afternoon Farmhouse Rubber Stamp set,Hero Arts Live & Laugh
Paper:Georgia Pacific white,Bazzil Coconut Swirl,Authentique Fresh DP
Ink:Tsukineko Memento Ink Teal Zeal,Tuxedo Black and Cottage Ivy,Ranger Tim Holtz Distress ink mustard seed
Other:Crop-A-Dile corner chomper,sewing machine


 

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Pretty card, and such a sweet story.

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty and interesting card...such a visual treat...

Laurel said...

What a pretty card! Love the chairs! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Annette Allen said...

wow what a cool card...I love the color combo and how you stamped the background...totally awesome.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card, love the teal ink too. The doilies and chairs are fabulous images

Margaret xx

Angi Barrs said...

Love your colorful chairs!

Casandra Bennett said...

Very sweet, and the reason behind the card is even sweeter. Love stories of kindness. :)

Suzanne Russell said...

I love the card you made for your friend-what a sweet way to share the blessing of her gift!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Thank You Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)