Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hope

  I feel moved to shed a little hope today.  I am sure many of you are going through some tough weather.  I once lived in "Tornado Alley" for over 9 years.  Tornado warnings/watches are scary!  In case you lose power or feel overwhelmed, I was hoping you would reflect on Psalm 18:28.
  This project was inspired by Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I Modge-Podged two strips of crepe to a white scalloped circle.  After letting this sit a few minutes to dry, I carefully lined up the scalloped circle to its parent nestie die and ran it through my Big Shot again. 
  
  I also used crepe paper for the PTI eyelet lace border. I didn't intend to make the card this tall, but after adding crepe above the lighthouse, I just had to. The upper right hand corner was missing something, so I hand drew a frame. Thank you, Papertrey for Make It Monday #12: Line Frame 101.  I am getting a lot of practice honing that skill!

  I just received my ODBD stamp set, Keep My Lamp Burning TODAY! I stamped the lighthouse with versamark ink and used white embossing powder. I used a craft knife to cut out a section so the crepe paper could light up the card.  By following ODBD's Sketch I was able to incorporate all these elements to not only enter three challenges, but to create a Steeler-friendly card; and to hopefully shed a little light into the dark corners. :)

Here are the specifics:
Stamps: ODBD Keep My Lamp Burning
Other: PTI eyelet lace die, spellbinders scalloped circle, white embossing powder, versamark ink,Uniball Signo white pen


3 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Marlene, what an awesome card and I would have never thought of using the Keep my lamp burning in white on black paper, but I absolutely LOVE it!! THanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Marlena!! I love the colors and the white on black. Gorgeous use of this stamp set and the sketch. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for entering the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)