Monday, July 18, 2011

Peaceful Summer Living

  PalsPaperArts 102 has a cool title for their challenge.




"Summertime and the Livin' is Easy".


The title alone is inspirational. 


Here is my card.




based on this gorgeous photo...





I loved the colors in this photo, and the slats of wood. 


I used my Scor-Pal to make tiles, like in a bathroom.


I was inspired by Leanne's site, which was where I first saw this look.

Running my memento ink over the tiles, I then embossed it with my Sizzix shells embossing folder for a subtle texture.


The strip across the center was decorated with tissue pieces cut from my Papertrey eyelet lace border die.



I figured this sentiment from JustRite's Simple Blessings was perfect for this card.






Thanks for stopping in. ;)



Info: JustRite Simple Blessings sentiment, Papertrey Eyelet Lace Border die, Sizzix Shells embossing folder, Scor Pal, Memento inks




2 comments:

Pam~ said...

Beautiful details and color on your card ... LOVE it! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Anonymous said...

Fab take on the sketch! I love the way you created the tiles and them embossed the shells, very clever idea!