Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Safer With a Party Fork and Instructions



Love the romantic look of hat pins, but haven't taken the plunge?



I have a fun substitute.


I'm safer with these party forks, ;)
sold as a 50 piece pack at my Walmart.
Here are pictures showing how to secure these lovelies with a mini hair band.

First, punch 3 holes and poke a band into the first.




Lay the fork down and poke the band into the middle hole.


Flip it over.






Insert one end into the other and then stick it back up through the last hole.
 Flip it over.




 Take this last loop and stretch it down, bringing it back under the bottom of the stick.




You want to bring it up over both tines, not just one...but I inserted this picture so you could see which direction to bring the rubber band up.



It is now secure.


But is it safe?



It CAN be a little sharp, so I glued beads with Glossy Accents.



There, now I can trust this won't hurt the recipient or me.


I hope this will be an answer for those that want to add a hat pin, 
but aren't willing to live on the edge.


Kudos to you that risk life and limb, ;)


those pins are gorgeous and I wish I were that brave.



Now the others can have a little romance on their cards too. ;)


Challenges entered in...

My colors were inspired by:

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #64 (pink, yellow, green).

Since I went botanical:


Since an ODBD was focused on and I managed another "high flying" element...




Thanks for peeking in! ;)

Info:
ODBD Scripture Collection 6, MS butterfly stamp, fussy cut flower from misc DP, Making Memories Just Chillin' DP, Memento ink, Staz on ink, EK Success border punch, Ellison Tim Holtz Retro Circles embossing folder, party forks












8 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

What a fantastic idea to use those cute little forks for embellies!!! And your tutorial explains how to attach them perfectly!!! Great job. And your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Another beauty Marlena!! I just love your colors, the textures, the punch detail and your gorgeous details!! Beautiful! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

veronica said...

love your "hat pin". very cute.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Marlena, you are on a roll here this week! Another amazing creation you have added to this weeks Shining the Light Challenge! Thanks for your continued support! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are creative AND funny, Marlena! I know how you feel about using pins. I've used them twice, and try to bury the pin tip in a foam dimensional sticker, so that was my attempt at making my card safe for use. ;) I think your whole card is so very beautiful, from the verse to the cut out flowers to the butterfly. THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends, and for leaving me love at my own little blog. :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Marlena aren't you the clever girl. This is just darling and so very beautiful and creative. I just love your attention to detail. Thank you so much for playing along in the Speedy's Friends Challenge. It was a joy to visit you today. Hope you can play with us again next week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Marlena. Love the butterfly and your hat pin substitute. Great idea!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks once again for linking up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)