Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Friend, the Card

Have you ever started a card with a plan, and then set it aside,
only to start other cards which bloom and grow and get the limelight in blogland?


 Meanwhile, that card you started with gets fiddled with a little...and then set aside again.



This is the first card I started on 3 posts ago...and it has finally come to completion.


Good grief, it almost feels like a friend. ;)





Here is my friend, the card.






I have been adding and taking away from this card for a few days.


I started with the smallest elements at the top.



 I stamped a flower on a circle and cut it up like pie.




Those colors I focused on were passed to this card.



I stamped botanical elements onto patterned paper for the

 
 
 


 
 

Those pieces were set aside while I went in another direction.


Then, I took one of the pieces of striped paper, stamped with a botanical look, and die cut it with my ODBD Chickadee die.



It represents my "High flying" element for ODBDSLC68 Phrase Inspiration Challenge.


 I am so grateful for Card Patterns Sketch # 124...it married my elements together.



kept my colors oceany.  The shutters had lines which I thought my patterned paper picked up.





I shared all that to say, 




sometimes it takes a lot of work to make a friend. ;)




Thanks for hanging out here. ;)



Info: ODBD Scripture Collection 6, ODBD chickadee die, Inkadinkado Nature, Hero Arts/Basic Grey Lauderdale Floral, Versamark ink, black embossing powder, Memento ink, Making Memories Just Chillin' DP




7 comments:

Elise said...

It's ALWAYS worth the journey, though - to make a FRIEND - like THIS! *Swoon!* I enjoyed EVEY bit of your shared journey, btw. {I have BEEN THERE! If ya KWIM!} I am loving your card/friend, and your enthusiasm! So happy the Card Patterns sketch helped bring it all together! {Been THERE, too! hee hee} Thanks for sharing your delightfulness with us! xoxo!

whoistracy said...

What gorgeous work! Love that inspiration photo- I was thinking about playing along there, too.

KimB said...

Goodness that is quite a story - its amazing where an inspiration photo will take you! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
Kim

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Marlena!! I just love the tall and narrow design, the colors, and the verse as the focal point. Beautiful take on the phrase inspiration at ODBD!! Thanks for joining us this week!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Anther beautiful creation, Marlena!! YOur colors and design are awesome!! THanks for entering another creation to this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Jocelyn Olson said...

I know what you mean about throwing cards aside for a while. But, it paid off and you made a beautiful card! Love the stamping in the background. :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)