Thursday, July 21, 2011

Furniture too Expensive, But I Can Make a Card!

Using an inspirational photo and a wonderful sketch, I was able to make a card today.












 My basket stamp on the larger die cut mimics the gorgeous furniture I can't buy right now. ;)


The branch mimics the greenery in the background.


Can you see those pillows? 



The picture is bigger at the link for Crate and Barrel.




They are gorgeous pillows that inspired me to stamp the flowers with Versamark and emboss with white powder.



I colored the bigger flowers with Memento markers.  


You know what I found out?  




If you stamp with Versamark, white emboss and get a little marker on the embossed area when you color...you can wipe that marker right off the embossed area!  



I used a slightly damp baby wipe (it had been sitting out for oopsies and wasn't soaking wet).


You might already know that....but it was NEWS TO ME...GOOD NEWS!  




SIGH...IF ONLY THERE WERE DO-OVERS LIKE THAT IN THE REAL WORLD.



Right?



I used Mojo Monday's 200th sketch






Thank you for stopping in, I really appreciate it. ;)





Info: Inkadinkado  Nature, MFT Let's Go for a Walk,Limited Edition Ana's Basket stamp for larger diecut, Sizzix Branch with Leaves die, Memento ink, Versamark ink, white embossing powder, Memento Markers, Spellbinders Label Eleven

6 comments:

Shannon White said...

This is soo Pretty! Love your take on the Inspiration pic and the Mojo Sketch to.. Great Job! 8-) I did the same thing you did, lol I went to the sight to get a closer look at the pillows too when I was trying to decide hw to do my card. 8-)

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY!~

Jocelyn Olson said...

The white embossing is so striking--love it! I really like how you colored the flowers, too. What a beautiful card and I love the inspiration. Great tip--TFS!

Karen B. said...

Do-overs are really good things in the crafty world, thanks for the tip! Your card is beautiful and I love your techniques.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card and inspiration on the pillows! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Marlena, this is terrific! Great design and details! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge this week!