Monday, July 18, 2011

MIM #24 and a Dry Brush

Papertrey's MIM #24 is inspiring, as usual. ;)



This week....Dry Brushing!



I've dabbed with a stipple brush before.




This challenge actually called for brush strokes.





I used Acrylic paint since that's what Lisa used in her tutorial, and I liked the color I had in stock.

Usually I use Papertrey's All Booked Up circles as individual focal points.


I tried using all four as a backdrop, and the sentiment got center stage!


I propped the sentiment up with scraps to create bookends.



Give it a try...you'll feel like an artist. ;)



Thanks for peeking in. ;)


Info:  Papertrey's All Booked Up, Adirondack Acrylic Paint Butterscotch, Memento Ink brown, Corrugator









3 comments:

Karen B. said...

What an interesting technique and a lovely way to showcase this set!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card. Love the effect you achieved using the dry brush.

Lisa Elton said...

Great job on this Marlena! I love the calming vibe of your card :)