Monday, July 4, 2011

First Fancy Fold

Ok, this was a biggie for me.  A fancy fold card!

I took days to get this done.  Almost didn't make it.


Most of you stampers that do this probably didn't even break a sweat. 



It may look weird to you, but here we go.





You are probably thinking...I don't remember seeing this fancy fold at the Just Add Ink's Fancy Fold Blog Hop.



It is, really!  It is Nikki Spencer's  traditional side step card....just


UPSIDE DOWN.



I wasn't trying to be difficult, really, I just really liked it better from this end.  I had placed my traditional side step card down upside down and thought...


HEY!  LOOKS LIKE STEPS GOING UP!



I just had to do it this way for me. ;)

I must have spent way too much time hanging upside down on my bed studying with my book on the floor (Back in THE DAY). 


I just feel like I look at things backwards, upside down....


you get the picture. ;)

Anyway....


Thank you, Just Add Ink.  You really made me crack down and 

MEASURE.  

NO EYEBALLING HERE, THAT'S FOR SURE.


You still have a wee bit of time left to enter...but not much.  However, check out the blogs...the fancy folds are INCREDIBLE.  I was in awe of all the choices there are.  


Have fun! ;)


Info:

Sizzix Stars Original Die, My Mind's Eye twine, Misc. Great Job stamp (no label), Sizzlets Strip die for the balloons

5 comments:

Patrice said...

Wow Marlena, very very cool to turn your project upside down! Love the bright and all those festive balloons.

I keep hoping someone will try the telescopic circles card...sure you don't want to give it a try?

Jennipher said...

This is totally cute. I don't do fancy fold cards at all so you have impressed me. They scare me.

Mae's Cachet said...

Glad you had fun with the fancy fold challenge! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow, an upside down, side step card!! You had better get the 'patent'for that one - very original. Thanks for having so much fun and playing along.

Paula Dobson said...

Trust me when I say - I still break into a sweat doing fancy folds! You are not alone Marlena!! Love your "upside down" side step card very clever! Thanks for playing this week at JAI ♥