Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Perty Pocket and Die Cut Mat

I tried something new today...constructing a pocket on my card!




"Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge.  Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and make a pocket of any type on the front of your card."

Now, I don't own edger dies....yet!  But I do have other dies. 



Here is my project:




Closeup





Here is the info for constructing the pocket:


Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 sandwiched between die cuts of Spellbinders Label Four (the smaller one was cut one end at a time, using a smaller set of cutting pads from my Tag-A-Long).

I added small flourishes at the tops from Papertrey's All Booked Up (Look at the sentiment "This is Where I Fall Asleep").  I also used Papertrey's Grunge Me for its flourish on the bottom.  The MIM video inspired me to add those little details.  They DO add pizazz.  


Speaking of pizazz...





Talk about inspiration!  It gave me the stylish theme and yellow/black combo.








Mark's Finest Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Week 63 inspired me to use a die cut as a mat/background.  I used half of my Sizzix/SU Lattice die as a backdrop.




Thanks for taking the time to stop in. ;)



Info:

Stamps: Papertrey All Booked Up flourish, Papertrey Grunge Me flourish, My Favorite Things Let's Go for a Walk sentiment
Other: Papertrey Mat Stack 3, Spellbinders Label Four for envelope, Spellbinders Label eleven for insert sentiment, Sizzix/Stampin Up Lattice Die, Staz On black ink, Sizzix Texture plate, Want2Scrap bling colored with black Sharpie


7 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

This card is just adorable. Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the delicate die cut with this color combo! Beautiful inspired card from the Trigger!Well done, Marlena!

C said...

Pretty take on the challenge.

Cyndie said...

Wow, what an inventive take on all the challenges! Love the yellow and black, and the Labels 4 pocket!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is one creative card. I just am tickled by that little pocket with the tag. Really cute. Thanks for playing at Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope to see you again this week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the flourishes you added and the flowers sitting on the edge of the pockets!

Tina said...

Very cute :)