Friday, July 29, 2011

CAS Christmas Card Colored with White Ink

I love stamping and embossing on black paper!  




I also love tall, skinny cards!




This card is a combination of challenges which inspired the final product.





I stamped the birch trees and sentiment in Versamark, and embossed with silver powder.  I had to use the image 1 1/2 times to reach the height of the card.




Then I "painted" the trees with white ink and a Fantastix that was recycled (I snipped off the ink that was there).


The branch  is cut out a bit to hang the wreath which was stamped with Versamark and embossed with copper powder.  



I used the end of a paint stick to apply the dots with white ink.

The following challenges were my inspiration:
~Papertrey's Make It Monday #25 has a tutorial video to show you how to color with white ink.
~Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #128 calls for Christmas projects.
challenges you to make a 4X9 clean and simple card!





Hey, thanks for peeking in stampy friends. ;)


Info:
Papertrey Ink Wreath for All Seasons, Stampendous Birch Buddies, Fantastix, Versamark Ink, silver and copper embossing powder


21 comments:

Karen B. said...

Oh goodness, is this ever lovely! Birch trees are my absolute favorite! Love how you were creative and stamped it almost twice as well. Great card! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Oh wow, this is the most original Christmas card ever...I love it, so back to nature. Love the birch trees and how you had to re-stamp to get the height :)
Jenny x

Michelle said...

Love this design, Marlena! Love how you hung thw wreath from the tre branch! Beautiful!

Michele Gross said...

Absolutely stunning! Marlena this just takes my breath away!! I'm so happy you shared it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jennipher said...

Marlena, this is truly a unique card. Love that wreath you created.

Shannon White said...

Oooh, I love this Marlena! Such a Classy, Elegant card! Love your wreath hanging from the Birch branch. Just a really Fabulous design! Love it!

Hugs
Shannon

Kathy Jones said...

LOVE the effect of white on the black card and the wreath hanging from the tree looks wonderful! Great card!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your card and what a wonderful Christmas card. TFS

Betty Wright said...

Marlena, this is beautiful! Love the tall and thin card style, embossing, the cut work detailing on the wreath and how you cut out little pieces of the branch to tuck in the wreath. Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Christmas in July Challenge!

Email me! I have a blog button for you1

East Shore Lane Designs said...

very elegant!
debbie
eastshorelanedesigns.com

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh wow!! Totally gorgeous!! LOVE this card!!

Sara Mac said...

Gorgeous card Marlena! So clever to hang the branch on the tree. Perfect card for each challenge.

Michelle said...

I really like this, Marlena! I love the wreath hanging in the tree.
Michelle.

Valerie said...

This is beautiful Marlena - love those stamped birch trees!

Heather Rogers said...

Love the white ink on black cardstock. Thanks so much for playing at FTTC. :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh WOW! Your embossing is brilliant, and I love the wreath hanging from a twig. TFS

Lisa said...

Love this! The white on black really pops, and the hanging wreath is the perfect touch!

Alanna Harris said...

this card is absolutely stunning...wow!!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Dana said...

Marlena, this is drop dead gorgeous. Just wow. I'm in awe. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.