Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reinking, Reading Fast, and Working with Groovy Colors!



There is a wonderful video to show you how it can be done. 


There are two colors of reinkers in this card (black and brown).




I found out that I didn't have to get the ink on the foam "just right" for this one.  

I just made sure there was black on the top and brown on the bottom in a circle large enough for the stamp to fit in.  



I dabbed the extra ink off and was pleased with the "half and half" shot of this lovely image.


I tried to amp up the color a bit around the image with colors inspired by ColourQ's Challenge #92.  




Check out these groovy colors! ;)














Card Info: PTI All Booked Up, Mat Stack 3 Die, Spellbinders classic circle to cut out window in mat stack 3,Cuttlebug Folder, Staz On Reinkers, MS ink for sentiment, PTI felt, Notch cut with Marvy Circle Punch

6 comments:

Kristii said...

What a wonderful card! I love that you mixed the black and brown ink and I love how you die cut the tag! Fabulous!

Christina said...

Such a cool technique! I love all of the white space and the way you used two different colors for the Mat Stack label. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Marlena! I love the way you created the window for the image to peek through! Thanks for playing with us at CQC this week! (and thanks for popping by my blog, too:)

Jennipher said...

What a fun technique! Love how this turned out. Unique card design.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Marlene! What a cool thing to do with your card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

LeAnne said...

Very unique---I love your sketch and your technique! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!