Saturday, July 9, 2011

Christmas Card in a Throwdown


I am trying to get my Christmas cards done NOW with ODBD's Challenge #38.




I just received my ODBD You Will Find Refuge and the coordinating Chickadee die yesterday.

I was messing around with both, and decided to go with this look. 


First I die cut the bird, and used the outline as a template to ink up a silhouette.  I will use the bird stamp the next time I make a card ...I have fallen in love with chickadees ever since sighting them last winter, for the first time. 

I have only lived in the Northeast for three years, and haven't paid attention to individual birds, until my youngest started keeping track of them with our bird book.  

My kids keep me young!  They teach me that you're never too old to learn new things ;).


Thanks for stopping in and saying hi. ;)






I used Color Throwdowns #139 for inspiration!








Stamp-ODBD You Will Find Refuge 
Ink: Tim Holtz
Tools: ODBD Chickadee Die, Spellbinders Classic Circles, MS Fringe Scissors,Sizzix Sizzlets snowflakes

1 comment:

Betty Wright said...

Marlena, this is fantastic! Lovely card! Love the colors and the frayed paper edge. Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Christmas Challenge!