Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Daisy Keepsake for Me

I hit a few challenges today that motivated me to make something for...



well... me. ;)





No one else would appreciate it as much.


See the Gerbera Daisy header on my blog? 




That's a picture of the flowers my husband gave me one year. ;)





Here's what's left of that gorgeous orange-faded to coral...




all dolled up.






I pressed that flower in a phone book lined with paper towels and laminated it after it was dry.




It's been sitting amongst my crafties for almost 2 years!



Now it's been paired with piercing, a combo of colors, and embossing.






The challenges that motivated me to DO SOMETHING with this daisy:






~Our Daily Bread Designs   ODBDSLC69 Piercing
 
~Simply Scrapping Crafts  July Card Challenge - Embossing 



Card Info:
ODBD Scripture Collection 6, Spellbinders Label Eleven, CB embossing folder, Versamark ink, copper embossing powder, MS border punch,S.E.I. Dill Blossom DP,Making Memories Just Chillin' DP,copic marker to line the edges

8 comments:

fatmonica said...

It's beautiful and it goes so well with the choice of backing paper.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Marlene, this is such a gorgeous card!! I love the papers and that huge daisy...beautiful!!Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Marlena and what a special daisy. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week. I always enjoy seeing what you have done with the colors.

Clare said...

So pretty and lovely! I love the embossing, and the punched border!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Marlene!! I just love the colors and all the embossing!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week!!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Marlena. Such a pretty way to use your flower. Thanks for joining us at SSC

Christina said...

What a gorgeous flower--I can see why you've saved it for so long. Such a pretty use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks yet again for linking up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)