Friday, July 8, 2011

Soft Colors and a Thank You

I usually get uncomfortable with soft colors.  
 
 
 
However,


PlayDate Cafe's Challenge 89 had soft beachy colors that drew me in. 

 

I guess since I grew up surrounded by beaches, that is what I know, right? ;)





This is my first time stamping on ribbon!


I used two colors to ink up the background and then I embossed it.


The "cracked glass" embossed circles mimic the gorgeous glass in this inspirational photo.





Look at all the lovelies in this! 
 
 
 
Sigh......I miss the beach. ;(
















Info:

Hero Arts/Basic Grey Lauderdale Floral background stamp, Ellison Tim Holtz Rays and Retro Circles embossing folder, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Memento Sand and New Sprout inks, Staz On olive green ink for sentiment, Papertrey Ink Communique Curves Sentiments, Spellbinders classic circles,Making Memories Just Chillin' DP, Creative Memories corner punch

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Nice job Marlena! I get so nervous when I stamp ribbon, lol...yours looks super :)

Patrice said...

love the embossing...Visiting from Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, this is wonderful, Marlena! Love that sun ray embossing folder. And your stamped ribbon turned out terrific! I've only stamped on twill, but never a sheer one like this. So glad you came to play with us at THe pLay DAte CAfe!!

Jen Adcock said...

what an ethereal beauty! So soft and serene. I adore the use of the TH embossing folder. Perfection.

Andrea Ewen said...

What beautiful, soft stamping in absolutely lovely colors! Great texture and wonderful sentiment accent! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I love the stamping over the embossing--SO CLEVER! LOVE your soft colors! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)