Thursday, July 14, 2011

Love Is Messy

I watched a wonderful movie last week that was safe for even my girls to see (the TV version of it anyway...I believe some words were blocked out..just a warning).

Have you seen Little Manhattan?  It's a 2005 movie that we must have missed when moving from Germany to TN...because I had never heard of it before.
It's the best movie I have ever seen in awhile.  You have to check it out.  



The message?


 Love is messy. 


 Here is my card for

Polkadot Door Designs' July challenge. 








This was based off of a picture from Polkadot Door.






The owl in my picture is sort of cynical looking.  Ha HA...I did that on purpose.  



Isn't he a HOOT? ;)


Owls usually represent wisdom.  To me, wisdom is so hard to balance when it comes to love.  

I know there is a difference between love and infatuation...I tell my girls that all the time!

However, when I look at love in my life...I realize that it grew where I didn't expect or plan it....


Hence the flowers growing through the lattice....

I tell them "Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Prov 4:23




I feel they shouldn't toy with love until they are old enough to have a better perspective of it.  They might find boys that make their heart flutter...but until they are old enough to marry and handle such things...that delicate romantic love is best left on the shelf.


I know that the movie I mentioned earlier is based on young love...I told my girls that I didn't agree with encouraging that....but they DID GET TO SEE the confusion and emotions involved. 


I've never raised a young lady to adulthood before.  I just pray that they treat their hearts with delicate care and save it for a wise choice.  With the Lord's help, I know they will be ok. ;)




Info:

Stamps:Inkadinkado Bird Assortment, Technique Tuesday Inner Circle, Technique Tuesday Loves Me Loves Me Not Large
Other: Memento Ink, Versamark Ink, white embossing powder, Sizzix/Stampin Up Lattice die, MS border punch, Spellbinders Classic circles, Copics for coloring the bird, Fussy Cut flowers from DP (unknown brand)

2 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Marlena, this is such a beautiful card!!! Love the collage theme...absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for sharing! Where is Germany have you been? I am German, born and raised there :D:D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Court said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Polka Dot Door Designs this month!