Sunday, July 31, 2011

Love Changes You

Less Is More's Lucky Dip #26 calls for fruit or fruit colors.





Think 2Cr 5:17.



I have this AWESOME orange slice notepad.  I used a page to cut an apple out  with my Papertrey Ink apple die.


I created the sentiment with my JustRite Curlz font.



If you own any JustRite fonts that have multi-sizes...you can't do the bigs and littles together.  It took me many stampings to GET that.


When I couldn't get an even stamping...I held the stamper horizontal and looked.


Yup, the bigger font was taller than the smaller font.


I inked up the smaller font first, and then did "INSIDE" separately, careful to baby wipe the outside edges just in case I got those also.


The black strip was a freebie from ages ago...but it got me headed in this direction.


Check out all the other fruity submissions...they look yummy and I am about to head there myself. ;)




28 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fab!

Ali x

Suze Bain said...

A super card. The orange and black work fabulously together. xx

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card
Beryl x

Jenni's Jems said...

Great card and love the colours x

G Peplow said...

Hi Marlena, Gorgeous card, love the apple cut out of orange paper, so juicy, Gay xxx

Chrissie said...

This fruit looks really juicy... my mouth is watering already!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Yummy card!! LOL! I love that apple die...might need to put that on my order list! My Card is here

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the effect you've created with these colours Marlena!

Anne said...

Delicious card, love that ribbon
Anne
x

Rosemary said...

really fun card!

Dana said...

Nice card. I like the colors.

Charlene said...

Great color and love the strip across the card!

Mandi said...

Super apple, striking design
Thanks so much, have a good week
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Super idea and love your bow

Kathyk

Carol said...

Super card, love the design. Many thanks for your birthday wishes. Carol x

Bonnie said...

Love that font and apple! The black "love" strip really makes this card stand out! BTW, I love the "You know you're a serious cardmaker when...". How true! Thanks for the uplift!

Canonbury creations said...

Love the orange apple!
Val x

Jocelyn Olson said...

Love the sweet card! The apple is awesome!

Wishcraft said...

Fab card :o) Such a great design and love the colours, so striking. Lisa x

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card with beautiful orange apple!!

Zoechaos said...

Smashing card XOXO Zoe

Sasha said...

Lovely card! Super stamping!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Marlena! Fab CAS design and colour scheme!

Jennipher said...

Clean, simple, and cute!

Sarn said...

Terrific! Nice and juicy!

Hugs, Sandra

Aileen said...

Love the effect you've created and the black with the orange is very striking. x

Taru Jehkonen said...

intersting card - I love color, teknic, lovely feeling!

Jehko xxx

Michelle Short said...

Great card, I love that orage colour! xx