Thursday, June 30, 2011

Time to Celebrate with Some Embossing Fun

Papercraft's Color Inspiration #6 got me motivated to do this card for my nephew who has a birthday next month.





Making one nephew a rocking card like this had to be matched somehow.  



Thank you Jess Witty for this idea....WOWzers!




Thank you ESPECIALLY for reminding us to heat from UNDER -

NOT ABOVE  


when doing this technique. I am such a newbie, that I would have blown embossing powder ALL OVER my den had she not warned me.  

You sprinkle embossing powders of various colors.  I varied the embossing powders in the image from ODBD TIME and did it the old fashioned way with Versamark Ink.  That is when it hit me to try Jess' way.



I stuck with the colors from Paper Craft's Choice.



Mark's Finest Papers has a Sparkle Challenge.  Hence, the red sparkly embossing powder.


Don't forget ODBD's Anything Goes challenge is this week.



Thank you for peeking in and have a wonderful weekend and July 4th! ;)
Info:  ODBD TIME, Ellison Hello Kitty Frame, Spellbinders Classic Circles, embossing powders: white, black, glitter red, Brilliance red Ink, Versamark Ink, Cuttlebug folder, Scor Pal for blue circle

5 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is fun!! Love the effect that you created there!! Ha ha, I would have also blown from above with this, but I could just make it go wrong blowing from underneath as well, ha ha, so maybe this is just not my technique! ;-) Bit your result is amazing!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Winnie and Patty said...

Your nephew is going to love this great birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Karen B. said...

What an unbelievably fun boy/masculine card! Love this technique!

Carol Hurlock said...

Outstanding. I love how you did the shading on this. Very eye catching and sophisticated in design. Thanks so much for playing along in Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun design and awesome masculine card, Marlena!! Your nephew will appreciate your efforts. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge! Have a great holiday weekend!
blessings,
Chris