Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 Challenges & A Heart That Was an Apple

Play Date Cafe Challenge #85 gave me the colors.













MIM #18 Adding Texture gave me the technique.



Card Patterns Sketch 119 gave me the layout.













This time, I made the tissue paper layer the second layer.  I tried two things: embossing it with a texture plate and blocking a part of it with the MatStack 3.  I also used part of a sentiment and part of an apple image...doesn't it look like a heart?









I added two pink circles that I stamped some blue on.  I placed the circles behind the center, so they look like half circles.  I was trying to highlight the sentiment.



Thank you for peeking in! ;)







Recipe:  Papertrey Ink Fruit Fusion Apple, Inkadinkado Nature, Memento Ink, Papertrey coaster, MatStack 3 Die, Papertrey All Booked Up, Spellbinder Classic Circles, SEI Dill Blossom, Papertrey Ink Communique Sentiments Mini Stamp Set for the three dots, Sizzix Texture Plate

3 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marlena, don't you love combining challenges? It can be so much fun! I like that apple that became a heart. It's so clever. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :) ((hugs))

Vanessa said...

Great combination of these challenges! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I'm so fascinated by that swirly background. It's so pretty with all of the colors you've used. That apple does look like a heart! ;) Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.