Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gingerbread Man and My Yummy Neapolitan





How yummy is this???



      I have a project I have wanted to do for ME.  I just finished up "The Gingerbread Man" scrub by Philosophy.  My sister passed it on to me...and I used up every last drop.  I just wanted to share what it said on the jar (awesome jar that I repurposed and will share in a sec...ya gotta hear this)...

                    "The Gingerbread Man...he cleans, he soothes, he caresses, he  pampers and he loves unconditionally.  ...no late nights at the office or Sunday waste-away football weekends for this man..he is strictly a girl's guy...he is a gift every girl deserves, at any age whether she is single or married."




What a hoot! I actually read this out loud to my hubby and you should have seen his reaction.  



He looked like he could ...




-TAKE - THE - GINGERBREAD - MAN - OUT. ;) 




How sweet is that?  




I asked if I could share that..he said ok...but...




"The Gingerbread Man is GOING DOWN!!"


lol ..TOO CUTE!




I modgepodged some tissue to the jar and painted the lid with brown acrylic paint. I then glued on some baubles -huge, shiny, flat marbles- on the top of the jar. 









     Now I know why I loved this ribbon....it looks like Neapolitan Ice Cream!!!  No wonder I love pink and brown so much. 


I shall put the rest of my baubles in it.  So I can....ahem,


-sort them. :)



I got those thingies at the dollar store the other day.  You have no idea how many times I take them out and sort them....or rather play with them...it's embarrassing if I am caught! ;)

I am a raccoon.  My hubby says I am.  I get attracted to shiny objects!!  LOL.


Thanks for hanging around and reading my little story.  ;)


Supplies: Philosophy Jar, Dollar Store baubles, Michaels' Ribbon, Satin cord, Modgepodge

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marlena! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment! I have so enjoyed visiting you this morning! Lots of Lol's!! You are a scream! Thanks I really needed cheering up this morning as I have to go to work today Yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...how absolutely yummy is that ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, my hubs always calls me a crow - I would much prefer to be a raccoon. At least they're cute! I really like this unique take on the Trigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet project the love the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, what a cute project...the ribbon is perfect for the trigger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to stop in! ;)