Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ribbon, Die, Felt

CAS-ual Fridays has a cool challenge...TIC TAC TOE!  I picked ribbon, dies, and felt.















   I enjoyed making this. ;) I worked hard, twisting a "swirly" ( flourish ), and letting it flow....






   I HAD a swirly.







NOW, there are leaves in its place.





Here is what happened...




My youngest looked at my SWIRLY card and said..





"Is it a bug?" she asked.




I laughed.





"No."







My second daughter asked, "Is it a guitar?"




HUH?!!!!



Followed by, "Is it a fish?"



NOOOOOO, IT - IS - JUST - A - SWIRLY!!!!!  ;)


Finally, my oldest asked, "Is it a ribbon with weird ears?"




YUP.  



THAT IS WHAT IT IS-




A RIBBON WITH WEIRD EARS. ;)   





sigh......



Notice there is a swirly missing?   





Now there are leaves in its place.





PLEASE tell me you know those are leaves. ;)







Recipe:  PTI Communique Sentiments Mini Stamp Set, Inkadinkado Nature, Spellbinders Label Eleven, Memento Ink, PTI felt, Spellbinders classic circles, Autumn Leaves Adhesive Mats, Want2Scrap bling

6 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Cute story :) Your card is delightful with or without the swirly :) Great job with the elements and I'm glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Lol love the story behind this card. Yes they definitely look like leaves and yes this is a great card! Love the elements and the colors against that crisp white :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

Marlena, your card is darling, and I just love the story behind it! Our kids definitely don't let our egos get the best of us! LOL! I especially love the bright green and orange you used against the white background. Great card!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Hilarious story! A swirly at our house is a middle school prank where someone (a bully) forces your head in a restroom toilet and flushes - EWWWWWW! Thankfully your swirly, though non-existent, isn't that! LOL Super cute card. I'd say the lesson learned here is "What the heck do kids know?" LOL Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

Jaclyn Miller said...

LOL. Aren't families great with their honesty? I like the leaves in its place and great colors too. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Lovely work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura