Saturday, June 18, 2011

Straight Lines Scare Me, But I'll Get Over It

CAS-ual Fridays has Color Blocking this week!  EEEEEEKKKKK!





I love the IDEA of color blocking.




I have been wanting to try it...oh, just for the fun of it.




But as I have tried to work on this for a day in a half.....




....I remembered....






STRAIGHT LINES SCARE ME!!!!




 I am sure there are some deep rooted issues...




......haven't gotten to the bottom of it.




                     
1.  I am borderline OCD, so I don't like to encourage that.
2. There are so many EXPECTATIONS.  
    (Like, keeping it STRAIGHT for example. ;) )
3.  It is just plain HARD. ;(









Enough whiny...sorry...




IT IS FINISHED.










OK, I cheated a weeee bit...I HAD TO PUT A LITTLE TILTY, OK????



    It's for my own sanity! ;)  SERIOUSLY!!!!!  


I'm not kidding. ;)



Oh, my favorite part..of course, it is in the Tilty TV...



  




How fun is it to frame stuff in a TV?  



I HAD to add a splash of pretty in this calm card.



HAD TO.



Not a biggie, but I stamped the wood grain strips with fun colors too.




The TV and sentiment???



Such a fun set I was blessed to win from PaperCraftsConnection and Tradefish Designs.





Ok, I was scared, but I Got Over It.  I am a better person for it, I am sure. ;)






Thanks for listening to my whining. ;)


Recipe:


Stamps: Tradefish Designs TV Time, All Night Media woodgrain, Inkadinkado The Great Outdoors
Ink: Memento, Staz On, MS
Other: Corrugator



4 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Great job with the blocks! I love the tilted tv-adds personality and spunk :) Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karen B. said...

So glad that you've embraced the straight lines but still kept something that you are used too! IT is a perfect blend for this great card! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kryssi said...

oH u did great! Silly! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

You did great, I love it!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura