Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Fancy Edged Christmas Card


   I am so glad I got this card done...I have been thinking about these colors and trying different things.  



This is the one I ended up with...




... another Christmas card!!!! ;)





   I feel the pressure this year to make cards.  My family and friends expect a handmade card since they know I spend my free time doing this. ;)  






Once it's your thing...it's your thing, right?





I have a blog now...so that makes it official. ;)   LOL






Thank you CAS-ual Fridays
for pointing me in the right direction. ;)





for your colors. ;)



















Your challenges are fun and they motivate me.  


I really enjoy this.





Thank you for stopping by. ;)






Info: Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant, Papertrey Wreath for All Seasons, Tim Holtz ink to sponge on small pendant, Staz On ink

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

very pretty, so elegant...hope your day is fabby!

enjoy *~*

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura

Karen B. said...

A beautiful showcase of how to make edging work on a card. Wow, so rich and elegant! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Marlena! Love how intricate and sophisticated this card looks! You used the border punch so beautifully!! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kristin Eberline said...

Well, I'm certainly glad you got your card done also. Made for an absolutely elegant Christmas card! This is so pretty :]

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

Michele Gross said...

Thank you!! Nothing makes me happier than reading how much fun a player is having with us :D Your card is bold, elegant, and gorgeous! Great job with the challenge and so glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laurie W. said...

I love the dramatic look of the black card base! So pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Brenda Dean said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! Love how it is in non-traditional colors!