Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stars, a Sketch, and Patriotic Colors

  My friend's birthday is the Fourth of July.  How fun is that?! 


She has the awesome personality to match that day too...she's like a party waiting to happen.;)  




 I shall be a good friend this year and send her a card:






   I am new to stamping and coloring...but it wasn't hard to color the chipboard button and simple white ribbon with a grey Copic marker. The ribbon became a little stiff after coloring, but I like that!  It was easier to handle and lay flat.


I colored the red stars with a Memento marker.  I used an Innovative Stamp Creations stamp for the background (I hardly have any grey cardstock).




There are 3 challenges that got me headed in the right direction to make this fun card:



Pals Paper Arts 99  Element of Style-Stars,


(PS...I got to see Bette Midler when I was a wee little one..maybe 3..it is one of my first memories!!! ;)


Play Date Cafe with these awesome colors,

and Just Add Ink 73 's sketch:

Supplies: Innovative Stamp Creations Rocks on the Shore (free stamp thrown in with my order...cool!!!), ODBD Time (given to me free from a blog hop....cool! ), Quickutz star belt loop (given to me by my sister who got it free at a scrapbookstore...cool!), Copic marker, Memento marker, Staz on ink, Making Memories Just Chillin' DP

20 comments:

massofhair said...

Fab birthday card for your friend, lots of fun and great use of colours:-)

Helen Williams said...

Marlena this a very beautiful card your friend will love it.

Patrice said...

Great card Marlena, lots of fun here. Lovely to see you back at Just Add Ink again this week.

Fiona said...

Lovely fun card to wish your friend a happy birthday Marlena! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Paula Dobson said...

A fab card for your Friend. I love all the dangly stars on the front! Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

Linda Callahan said...

Love those swinging stars!

Anonymous said...

Your card is fabulous! Love how you have combined the 3 inpsirations, those dangling stars are awesome, your friend is going to love it!

Christine Blain said...

Well, your friend must have a HUGE party every year! This card is fantastic, Marlena. I love how you've interpreted the Just Add Ink sketch - very clever!

Maria said...

What an amazing creative card! What else can I say...it's perfect...LOVE IT!!!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Love the beautiful stars on your card Marlena. Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

SmilynStef said...

Love what you did with the sketch & the colors ... fantastic birthday card.

Melanie C said...

Very cute. I love the colors. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week.

Anna said...

This is such a cute card! I love how you hung and strung the stars :)

KimB said...

That cluster of ribbon threaded stars is just lovely Marlena! Your friend will certainly love it. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
Kim

Jinny Newlin said...

Super fun design, Marlena! LOVE that cluster of dangling stars! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I just love the stars dangling from the ribbons. What a great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marlena, I LOVE that bunch of stars dangling! And what a terrific compliment to your friend: "she is like a party waiting to happen". Oh, if only someone could say that about me! But I am not that kind of person. :( THanks for playing with us at THe Play Date Cafe!

Nikki Spencer said...

Very cool Marlena, love the bunch of stars, what a great use of the sketch, sounds like the perfect friend for this card!...:0)

Ruby said...

Love your little stars with ribbon running through them, such a fun little card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jo said...

What a great card. Fantastic use of the sketch. I'm sure your friend will love it.