Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ivory and Lace With Lots of Grace

  Stamping in Time SNTODBD36's challenge is to use your favorite Our Daily Bread Stamp!











     I am a newbie, so it is easy to pick my favorite...the one I HAD TO HAVE FIRST! I absolutely love the design in As You Graduate.  The path, the butterflies, the scene!  But more importantly, I had to have this for the Corrie Ten Boom quote. 

Here is today's card combined with three challenges.  In addition to ODBD, Papertrey Ink's MIM #17 (I am loving that cracked glass technique) and Mark's Finest Ivory and Lace Week 57 Challenge both inspired me in the process.



 
 
What I didn't tell you about Ms. Ten Boom in this card, was that I got to see her home in Haarlem, Holland about 6 years ago.  

Here are my "wittle" girls :( and I in front of the shop (2 of them are taller than me NOW...WAAAAAA!):


  

The entrance is on the side of the watch shop.





The wall has been cut out so you can peek in.





     Look at how God orchestrates things!  Here I was, 6 years ago, visiting the Ten Boom House....not knowing that this year I would be teaching a homeschool class of young girls (2-5th girls) about her.  Now, here is the clincher...they already KNEW all there was to know about her!  They just shot out all this info....they taught me a thing or two! LOL ;)  BUT, NONE of them had been there...like me!  So I had THAT to offer.  
     

     I showed my photos, and measured out a space behind a movable blackboard to have them squeeze into the measured replica of The Hiding Place.  Now, only God knew that all my research and reading The Hiding Place alone would have been BORING to these girls who know it all. ;)  I had at least thirty minutes to talk, y'all! Don't panic, though, we didn't just stare at each other in silence.  ;)  God was with me, as always...full of Grace. 

If you read this to the end...thank you for your patience! 

If you didn't, don't feel bad, thanks for peeking in anyway! ;)


Info for card: Stamp: ODBD As You Graduate, Papertrey's Mat Stack 3, MS punch, MS pattern stamp for the flowers, Memento Ink, Versamark Ink, copper embossing powder, Ranger UTEE, Sizzix Adhesive Paper, Sizzix Flower Die (cut in a swirl and twisted to make flowers), Uniform Designs Wright Brothers' corner flourish sticker

10 comments:

Grace said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful card and what a great object lesson for the girls even if they did "know everything"! I suppose most of them have seen the movie... but there is nothing like having been there! Your card is simply amazing! Thanks for sharing your favorite ODBD stamps with us all!!!

Benzi said...

Super card and it is really awesome the girls already knew about Corrie Ten Boom. Glad you shared the photos.

redwasher1 said...

Love you card and the story
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous cards with us at Speedy's Friends.

Betty Wright said...

Marlena, this is wonderful! You picked the perfect image to do the cracked glass technique with, too. Love the style of card and all your wonderful details. Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge!

WOW! Wonderful story. Great pics! TSMFS!

Sara Mac said...

Oh Marlena, this is beautiful!! I love everything about this elegant card. This stamp set is on my ever growing list:) How neat that you got to go to the Ten Boom museum. I look forward to meeting her in heaven!

By the way, email me sometime and tell me where you are from in Hawaii: asmac at msn dot com.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Marlena. Love the image and the verse. Just perfect. :o)

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh this is beautiful!!! What a great job with the challenge!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I never heard of Ms. Ten Boom before, but thank you for sharing a bit about your experience with her. :) I love the crackled effect on your image, Marlena. So glad you came to play with Speedy's Friends, and thanks for leaving *me* a comment today, too!

Betty Wright said...

Marlena! Hello! Please email me at gbedwrightatgmaildotcom! I spelled all of that out! Thanks so much!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, Marlena!!! I love everything about it!!! Thanks so much for playing in the SNT Challenge! God Bless!